Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am so sorry to have fallen so far behind. I have given up on catching up on my thankfulness, although I have so much to be thankful for, and make sure to thank God daily in prayer. I am proud of myself because I have been doing so well with school and homework, but I am trying to get better about managing my time more closely so I have more time for things I love, too-like blogging...and working out, which I desperately need, sadly-and not just my responsibilities.

It's been a very busy week at the Mack household! It was a surprisingly relaxing and enjoyable!! We did not have to be anywhere until 1pm, and we decided that we would only travel to TWO of the FOUR family events that occur for our holiday. What ever family we did not see on Thanksgiving, we make sure to see for Christmas. We came up with this last year, and it was awesome again this year. We feel less stressed because we do not have to go to as many places and focus solely on the time, it is overall more enjoyable.

We first went to Chris' aunt's house [mom's side] at 1pm. We saw aunts, uncles, cousins,grandparents, great grandparents, and friends we'd been missing. It was wonderful. Everyone noticed how big Aiden was getting, and Aiden loved being the center of attention. He especially loved the pretty girls that were there to give him some attention! I snapped some photos while he was being super adorable loving on two of Chris' cousins--Tessa, Larissa, and both of them together! :)





We, of course, got too see Grandma and Papa which Aiden was so excited about. He loves his grandparents so much. I couldn't help but take some photos. Below are also Olivia [Chris' brother's girlfriend and Aiden's unoffical aunt!] and Chris' cousin, Conner, who is way too old for my liking, but who Aiden adored.






Then came what I am sure was Aiden's favorite part of the day. Tessa was kind enough to let Aiden look at and touch her pet hamster. I was a little nervous, but the hamster was nice, and Aiden was very gentle.






We had a lot of fun at thanksgiving at Chris' aunt's house! We ended up leaving around 4:30pm to head to my dad and step mom's house. Aiden did not nap and started getting restless. I could tell because I found him doing this....






We got to my dad and step mom's house at about 5:00pm and the fun continued. Aiden slept for maybe 20 minutes in the car ride there, but he was still in a great mood!! Aiden was being silly and played with his newest [2nd] cousin's toy that he is obviously too big for.





I managed to sneak a photo of my cousin Kelsey and Josie [Aiden's 2nd cousin] having a tickle fight :)




All in all we had a great Thanksgiving, and we have so much to be thankful for. I wish I would have remembered to get a family photo, which I always desperately want, but always forgot!! Hope you had as blessed of a Thanksgiving as we did.

No comments: