Sunday, November 6, 2011

Daylight Savings, a train ride, and Thankfulness day 6!

Sitting here next to my hubby, watching Zack and Miri, and STILL POSTING!! I am going to make this quick, I love this movie, and I love the man sitting next to me who needs a cuddle buddy :)

First, today is the first day that daylight savings time ended. I was very excited for the extra hour of sleep, but unfortunately Aiden woke up from what I can only guess was a nightmare. Again. Poor little guy wakes up crying and wants to be held or wants to sleep in mama and dada's bed. Sadly, we've caved. At 4/5am we are weak willed and half asleep . First time this happened where he would not go back to sleep he stayed with us the rest of the night. Luckily, this is not a common occurrence where he won't go back to sleep after he wakes, but we've been trying to be good about NOT taking him into our bed. Last night, I was weak and brought him to our bed, but just to cuddle for a short period. I stuck with this. After about 20 minutes, I took him back to his bed, I talked to him and gave him kisses and told him how it is night time. I went to leave and he cried for me. He eventually gave up, asking for his door to be opened which helped him be okay [not sure why]. I am at a loss here, and definitely did not get the extra hour of sleep I was hoping for.. it took me an extra half hour to get back to sleep!!
 


Moving on.... :)

Today we had a most exciting day! I surprised Aiden with a trip to the Ohio Railway Museum that is not far from us. Andrea was kind enough to join us in the fun, since Chris had to work :( ((We tried to do this yesterday, but they were closed)) Aiden absolutely loved all the old trains we got to see, and the most exciting part was the train ride we got to experience. Aiden's first one, of course :)

We began the fun filled day with lunch at Steak and Shake. It was actually a little frustrating because I was running later than I was hoping for and the service took FOREVER, but it ended up working out for the better.



After lunch we had to make a quick stop at the bank to get some cash. We forgot they only accept cash, they are very small and on a very small budget. After the quick stop, it was off to the Ohio Railway Museum. We saw so many neat, old trains. Aiden was definitely excited!


The first train we saw began with where the common seating, or coach if you relate it to a plane ride.



A very old and tiny sink, and a heater were one of the first things you saw walking in





 So neat, this is where they would divide the mail. There was way more slots that I would have thought. I didn't even know you could retrieve mail while on a train




A little sad, but this is right after the mail area. A coffin. Aiden didn't notice it or understand



Down the way there was an area with some seating, a lot of sinks, and a restroom. 





Then we began to get into the nicer area, or "first class" I imagine





These old trains were so neat to see, and imagine life when they were still running!




Aiden enjoyed all the areas he was allow to run and climb!




This is the engine of the huge steam engine train they had that we were allow to go up and in!! It was so big and neat, I had to snap some photos.










These were some of the other trains we got to see...


Aiden on the front of the steam engine! He did not want to sit still for this, but we still managed to get a couple pictures







The red "bus" train from a couple pictures up was our next stop!






These  "bus" trains, as I call them, have 2 drivers seats! Yep, 2. The take you one way, and when they have arrived at the destination, and it's time to go back, the driver moves from one end of the train to the other while the train is stopped. We saw this on our train ride, it's pretty neat. The seats adjust, as well, so you never have to face backwards if you don't want to.



Another smaller steam engine of sorts. We got on it, but there were little to no rails so I was a nervous wreck having Aiden up there wanting to explore without holding my hand. It was pretty tall!









FINALLY! TIME FOR OUR TRAIN RIDE!


This is the signal used to show when it is safe to go and not for the drivers of the train




Someone is super excited for the train ride that is about to begin....





Nevermind the giant green monkey beside us. There was no explanation as to why it was there besides the fact that we were on the green train!


Needless to say, we had a great time with a great friend on a new little adventure. Aiden got a new t-shirt and a whistle to remember today by. We had our own guide to told us a lot of the history of the railway and the trains that lay on them. There was also a fantastic view at some points.







The had some really neat things inside, as well, which is where I bought Aiden  his new shirt and whistle!






Overall, it was a great day, and my little man was so tuckered out!!I feel I should also mention it was only $5/each for Andrea and I, and children are free until they are 4!



Hope you've enjoyed the little tour of our Sunday :) Now it's time for my thanks givings for the day


1. I am very thankful for the beautiful weather and the wonderful day I had with my little man, and my best friend Andrea.

2. I am thankful that my husband had time to get us into his work and get my oil changed today, so I don't have to worry about it later this week.

3. I am thankful for the wonderful double date dinner we had with our new friends Kelly and Jess. We have much in common, and I look forward to our friendship growing

4. I am thankful for the changes that are happening at work, even if I am nervous. It is nice to feel important.

5. I am thankful that my house has stayed clean for 3 days in a row, with only a little picking up here or there

6. I am thankful for the medicine I have available to me, especially tonight, when my arthritis is hurting quite bad

7. I am thankful for the conversations I've had with my cousin Sarah Liz recently, they've been wonderful and I am loving growing closer to her!

8. I am thankful for blankets. Today I have been cold a lot, and right now I am underneath and cozy warm blanket we received as a wedding gift from friends, and I'm enjoy how warm I am!

9. I am thankful that my loud neighbors are not making a peep tonight!! Hoping to not wake up in the middle of the night wondering what they could possibly be doing!

10. Finally, I am thankful for the photo session I booked tonight for November19th!!! SO SO excited to get our first batch of professional photos taken as a family!!

What are you thankful for? Did you do anything fun this weekend, or have any fun plans in the future??? I need more ideas for when winter is here!

No comments: