Saturday, July 25, 2009

The first week...so in love <3

So we've been home since last Saturday, and it's been quite the adventure. He's actually an incredibly good baby. Very calm except for when he's hungry, and now he's beginning to realize dirty diapers are not comfortable, but he hates the changing part too! I do hate to hear and watch him cry, but man this kid has some lungs! We had our first big adventure on Wednesday...to Aiden's great grandparents house. Things went surprisingly well. Doing something and going somewhere now takes a lot more preparation than before, but I guess that's expected. He's been awake more the past few days too. It's so amazing. He's got these beautiful dark blue eyes, which I guess will change in time. He'll probably end up with brown eyes like his daddy. He changes a little bit everyday.

Nursing has gotten better. He is very good when he is patient enough to nurse. Problem now is that with the bottle feeding, although it has almost always been breast milk, has made him want to get the milk faster than he can at the breast. So he still gets upset about that. I was leaning toward just continuing to pump, not just for the night time so Chris can help, but all the time so that he is still getting breast milk but from a bottle. It's easier. I know how much he is getting [he was also falling asleep at the breast because he was so comfy, and nothing I would do would wake him up until a diaper change, and then he'd still be hungry] AND he is getting it the way he wants. Makes the feedings not take a hour too. But what I had not put into consideration was that the closeness that I'd miss from nursing, he'd miss too. It's good for him, too. So I try and keep nursing, but we both just get upset. :( Will the closeness that we lose dramatically affect him? That's what I'm really upset about. Will he still know how much I love him and still feel a connection with me? Lots of tormenting questions I keep going over and over in my head. No one could have prepared me for how hard nursing was going to be.

Besides that, and I may have sounded pretty down, things are going well. I truly am so excited and happy to be a mommy :)
It's such an amazing feeling, looking at my son and knowing he is a part of me. That he lived inside of me. Through all the screams, cries, dirty diapers, and sleepless nights, to know I couldn't love anyone more than I love this little boy, truly makes it all worth it! I just keep praying, and taking it one day at a time--try to anyway. And I will say, Christopher is an incredible daddy. He's in Norwalk for the weekend, and it's amazing how much harder it is on your own. Single parents have a whole new place in my heart.

So, that's my update. It's taken a week to finally find the time to be able to write this. Here are some pictures, what I'm sure is what you really came for :) :


Big Yawn!

Day 5: Holding up his own bottle! :) Kinda..

Sleeping soundly in his little rocking chair

Holding mommy's finger <3

Eyes partially open :) Looking at the camera, holding mommy's finger

And I promise, more to come soon. I've been taking lots!!

No comments: