Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall fun and lots of changes!

I am so excited to announce that there have been some fantastic and fun changes to the Mack household. We are decorating for fall, and momma Mack has a whole new and more positive outlook on her life, thanks to a few special people in my life and the grace of God for putting them there when I needed it. After all, with a sweet face like this, who could be negative?








  Let me explain.... this week my husband, and a few others have helped me realize I have had a negativity about me when it comes to me being in school and what life will be like after graduation. A day, for me, that I was both dying for and dreading, at the same time. I had this outlook that the bliss I have of working part time, and the time I have been able to spend with my son, were going to be taken away by graduating. I had this thought that I would have to get a full time job to really take advantage of my degree, and that the timing of having our second child would be disastrous because we would like to have a baby right around the time I am graduating preferably, but I would have to immediately put that baby into daycare after an insufficient [in my eyes] amount of time. This was all heartbreaking to me. My true desire, and where my heart truly lies, is in being a stay at home mom. So far, this has not been possible for my family...but I have no idea why I was so negative about my future. It was pointed out to me that my degree has every potential to be an incredible blessing for my family, not just something I did for money and to please my family. This degree could provide the perfect job where I work part time, and even possibly from home, and have something for myself....but an incredible amount of time to be a mom. I don't know how I didn't see this before, but I am so thankful for those who stood by me when I was negative, and for those who helped me see the reality of what my life can be. I know with God, my family, and hard work something will work itself out. I'm very excited, for the first time in the longest time, for MY future...and, of course, my families :) But enough about that...for now... :)

It's an exciting time here in the Mack family. I am part time at work, which mean I get Aiden all to myself Wednesday and Thursday, NO work. I am slowly incorporating things into our lives that I've wanted to do, but always felt discouraged with the lack of time I had by working full time. It was a poor excuse, and if anything causes me to become full time again I've promised myself I will do everything I can to not let that take away from the type of mom and wife I want to be. Anyway, Aiden is 2-turned that old in JULY-and we are just loving all the excitement that comes with having a two year old. Now, money is not something that we have an abundance of so I've only recently gotten Aiden's 2 year pictures done. Look at my handsome man.... :)

He was definitely not afraid to show how ornery he is that day, and at first he was not cooperating at all, but the girl at Target-where I got them done-was incredible and did not give up until she got some amazing pictures :) We are planning some fun fall trips, like a trip to a pumpkin patch that we have yet to do [even though we have pumpkins!] and a last trip to the zoo-except for zoo lights-before it really gets cold. I'm not much for going to the zoo, or any solely outdoor activity, when it's freezing!

I am decorating for fall around the house, and am getting ideas for the holidays. I am so excited for the holidays! It will be my first time, ever, with paid vacation AND paid time off.....which I am going to take advantage of. I will post more, hopefully tomorrow, about the changes I am making around the house to embrace fall. I will post more pictures too!


No comments: