Monday, August 23, 2010

God's Daily Reminders...

Lately, I've been reminded a lot of how blessed I am. I've watched a lot of families have a emotionally heart breaking summer. Battling cancer, a vicious opponent. Two families in particular, that I don't know personally, have caught my attention, and found a place in my heart. They have each lost a child. The Pruden family lost their middle child, Faith Gabriela, at the tender young age of 7 to a brain tumor. She battled bravely for over 6 months. Also, the Bish family lost their oldest son, Samuel Gordon, only 9, to Osteosarcoma. He battled bravely for over a year. They each has Caringbridge blogs that you can read about their stories, and see how they are doing.


Faith's story :: www.caringbridge.org/visit/faithpruden
Sam's story ::  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sambish/journal




The thought of losing a child has always been something that brought tears to my eyes, and pain to my heart even before becoming a mother. Death is my greatest fear, therefore making it my biggest enemy---a battle I fight with daily, because I know it's Satan who uses this fear. After carrying my son for 9 months, dreaming of what he would be like and look like ...and after watching him grow and getting to know him for a whole 13 months ... it breaks my heart even more. The thought of watching him battle something so cruel and relentless shakes my very being to the core, and breaks me down. These families are so inspiring. They are in so much pain from their loss, but through their pain they reach out to others. Help other's fight the battle they so courageously fought for 6 months [Faith's family] and a year [Sam's family]. They fit a life time into a short time line for those precious children, and they are helping other families do this as well.

It humbles me to see my healthy baby boy run around, laugh and play, even cry at times. At least I have him, I think to myself. At time, I feel guilty. Why should those families suffer so much? Why are children so young called back into the kingdom, back to Him? It hurts us so much down here. Questions I know I will never truly get the answer for until I, myself, am with him, too. It gives me hope, though, to see families turn to God. Something I have trouble remembering to do, even watching my baby boy and cuddling with my handsome husband. Today, I take time to be grateful. To thank God for all my blessings, and to ask for the courage those families have every day, and the humbleness to know He is in control.


Faith Gabriella Pruden && Samuel Gordon Bish -- We will remember always as fighters, and beautiful children of God.

No comments: